How does a homemade body scrub for dry skin sound? What about the fragrances of Patchouli & Lime for a pick me up?
Such a week already, and between the kids, working from home and renovating our house, I was feeling a bit ‘had it’ so I decided to treat myself with a homemade aromatherapy scrub tonight….. in a long hot bath.
I think you will love this homemade body scrub for dry skin just as much as I do.
It IS BLISS!
I used Epsom salts, sea salt, hemp oil, olive oil, dried mint & lime and patchouli essential oil to make this scrummy scrub, but you can use your favourite oils in place of these. Lime is one of the best essential oils to enliven the senses, and it blends well with more floral oils such as patchouli.
Homemade Body Scrub For Dry Skin
• 1 cup epsom salts
• 1/2 cup fine sea salt
• 1/2 cup baking soda
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsp hemp oil
• 1/4 cup dried mint only if you have it, otherwise leave it out.
• 20 drops lime essential oil
• 20 drops patchouli essential oil
1. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well, add a few more drops of essential oil if you aren’t using the dried mint. You could replace the dried mint with 6 drops of peppermint essential oil.
2. Keep the scrub in a glass jar, and use around a tbsp in a shower or bath of wet skin.
If you have very sensitive skin, or any cuts on your body the salt may sting, so replace the epsom salt with raw sugar to dilute the salt mixture. If you enjoyed this recipe try my Skin Healing Balm recipe too.