It’s freezing cold here, and it’s been raining for …of you know…just the last 7 days!
And with the school holidays we have had extra kids popping in to play with our kids, and today everyone became a bit CRAZY and decided to run up and down the hallway making nosies that would be better off made…oh I don’t know…at someone else’s house!
As a calm down activity we made a delicious batch of pancakes, using the last banana and a handful of frozen blueberries.
I wondered how they would taste to the group of kids visiting as they aren’t gluten and dairy free kids. BUT no one noticed and they all asked for seconds.
GREAT!!! I love a recipe that is for everyone!
I love this recipe, it is dairy, wheat and gluten free so you don’t get that heavy foggy feeling like you do after eating regular pancakes. Plus They are really low sugar, I just used a little coconut sugar as a sweetener along with the banana, because we were just eating them plain with out a topping.
You could leave the coconut sugar out, and just have them with a little honey or berry jam. The blueberries give these pancakes a delicious pop of flavour, and the would be just as good served cold in lunch boxes…if they last that long!
Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes
2 beaten eggs
1 mashed ripe banana
1 cup of almond or rice milk
2 cups of rice flour (I used brown rice flour)
2 tbsp coconut sugar (you could use honey)
2 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Heat a pan on the oven top with a little coconut or olive oil.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl and add the mashed banana.
- Add milk, sugar, and flour with the baking powder.
- Stir well until thick and creamy.
- Add the blueberries and stir through gently so they don’t make the mixture too blue.
- Pop large tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and cook for around 4 minutes, or until the bubbles start to pop on the pancakes.
- Flip over and cook the other side for around 2 minutes.
Makes around 16 small pancakes.
Serve warm with sliced banana and a little honey or cold with berry jam.
If you enjoyed this recipe LET ME KNOW BELOW, and check out my delicious recipe for Gluten Free NO BAKE PROTEIN BARS
Don’t forget you can still grab my REAL FOOD SNACK eBook –
Packed with budget friendly snacks for a healthy mind and body.