This is our go to weekend lunch! Even the kids can just whip this one up, it’s far easier than the traditional wheat flour bases, no kneading required, and it’s MUCH healthier too. The addition of the saturated fats really keep us going, and stop afternoon cravings from happening too.
I am so happy with this recipe, I was worried that it may fall apart and need eating with a knife and folk, but no way! It was perfect, and each slice held together so no cutlery needed!
Even though we are eating pizza, we still feel balanced after the meal, unlike that heavy, tired feeling we used to get from eating takeout pizza.
It really is a simple keto pizza recipe that is sure to become a real favourite in your house, all while healing tummies and fuelling those bodies! WE love that right?
Our Simple Keto Pizza Recipe
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp psyllium husk flour
2 beaten eggs
Optional flavour: 1 tbsp dried herbs (thyme/oregano) and a pinch of salt
Topping: Your choice of tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, herbs, meats ad veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a medium bowl add all the base ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture onto a lined baking tray and press down to around 1cm thickness with a rolling pin. Make sure you have another piece of baking paper OVER the mixture so that the rolling doesn’t make contact with the wet mixture.
- Remove the top piece of baking paper and pop in the oven.
- Bake the base for around 15 minutes, until lightly brown and firm to the touch.
- Top with your favourite toppings and then pop back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so. We use organic pizza sauce, mozzarella and basil leaves. When we can get organic salami we add this too, the extra saturated fats and protein in the meat keep up filled up for longer.
This recipe makes one large pizza, BUT I double the recipe and then we have a few slices left over for the kids afternoon tea. It’s just as good cold, or kept until the next day. Of course adding cheese won’t allow this to be dairy free or vegan friendly so keep this in mind.
You could use mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers or other tasty veggies!
I hope you loved the Simple Keto Pizza Recipe as much as we do – let us know in the comments below and check out our favourite Easy Keto Bar Recipe for more body fuelling Snacks!